The basic rule when submitting your article or event is "Is it interesting and useful to the community?" For more information, we've put together a guide to help you write a story that gets read. Here are the main tips:
- Make it Newsworthy: Give your story an angle. Got an event coming up? Don’t just give readers the time and place — instead, add a story about the impact of last year’s gathering and what you expect from this year’s event.
- Use Your Voice: Just writing facts and details in an article can be boring and uninteresting. Instead, use a conversational voice, like you’re telling the information to a friend. After all, you are writing for your neighbors!
- Include Local People: People love to read about local people and what they are doing in their community. Feature a member of your organization or team and relate to the human interest.
- Provide a Community Benefit: How will your information be beneficial to the neighborhood? Articles that provide answers or fill community needs are a great fit for BubbleLife.
- Add Good Photographs: A good photograph gets your story read by more people because photos are memorable and engaging. Photographs should supplement an article’s message. Photographs can be featured in two ways: embedded into an article or placed in a gallery at the end of an article.
To download the complete writing click, click the link below:
Download the BubbleLife Writing Guide